To blog effectively and create a successful blog the blogger must become a prolific writer of quality content that calls readers to action. Successful bloggers are organized and manage their time well. Scheduling enough time for creating original content, promoting it through social media and social networks, answering comments, locating similar blogs and reading and leaving comments on them, link building and relationship building requires strong organizational skills and commitment.
It’s important to set-up your work space, files and tools for what’s coming at you next. The more organized you are, the less time you waste looking for what you need.
- Organize your work space
- Organize your files
- Organize your tools
- Organize your email account
- Organize your social networking accounts
Blogging-Tips – The Five Golden Rules of Goal Setting
- Set Goals that Motivate You
- Set SMART Goals
- Set Goals in Writing
- Make an Action Plan
- Stick With It!
Set your goals for the month. Determine what tasks are necessary to achieve your goals and set your priorities. Decide how frequently you intend to publish on a weekly basis.
Create a schedule allowing for the time you need for research and content creation. Include time for microbreaks to give your head a rest and to exercise your wrists and hands, take a walk, meditate, listen to music, etc.
- Try a digital note-taking system like Evernote and/or an online to-do list like Remember the Milk or Toodledo or use Pinterest.
- If you are short of time try the Copy a Post feature. It allows you to start a new post without having to re-enter tags, categories and formatting.
- If you are collaborating or if you need an editor then use the Request Feedback feature to consult a colleague on a draft post.
- Post by Email, or use your phone to Post by Voice, or post by Offline Editor.
- If you use Twitter to promote your blog try using a program like HootSuite to schedule your tweets ahead of time.
- If you have free time, write and schedule draft posts for later publication.